Thursday, May 21, 2009

Today

I'll start off by saying that I work at the new Yankee Stadium...the outrageous, pretentious, billion dollar plus facility. I was standing at the bar (doing nothing), because that's mostly what I do there; and this wild-looking colorful tatooed girl was giggling. I just started staring at her, to examine her style, her way. After probably three full minutes of pretending that I wasn't looking, trying to decode her tatooes, a young looking girl sat next to her. I immediately felt like I knew this new person; that I'd somewhere seen her before. I assumed there was a possibility that she could be "famous" because of the typical clientele of this particular restaurant. After much intense and dodgy analysis it came to me. Amy Lee, from Evanescence- I love her. "It couldn't be her, get real," I thought to myself. I poked the bartender and mentioned my idea, and it was quickly discarded as ridiculous. After more staring and curiosity, I snuck in a side closet to pull out my super awesome iPhone and googled "aimee lee".....no hits, clearly I mispelled it, but what do I know? Retry: "aimee lee evanexcence"=many hits. Click Images, done, millions of pics. I scrambled for a decent, real looking photo of this girl's face. I stare at a simple photo with the lead singer of the band posing for a photograph on the red carpet. I was more sure of myself now.
At this point, I need to show someone else. The bartender, again, shook me off with my childish thoughts so I turned to a fellow waitress. She looked at the pic, she looked at the bar, and repeated the process twice more. "Yeah" she said, with a glimmer of excitement. At this point, I'm pumped. I can't even believe that I might actually be right, and that this girl, who I think is amazing, is sitting right in front of me. After one more nay sayer I was determined to prove the others wrong. My one follower encouraged me to say hi. The alleged Amy Lee begins to get up from her seat and joke with the tattoed girl and some sailors. I twitched and dared myself to talk to her like a giddy little school girl. As she started to walk away I couldn't resist. In a poor attempt to be nonchalant a quickly slid my crocs toward the ladies quietly shouting, "girls...girlsss!!" The stopped and openly invited conversation by each turning toward me. Nervous and ashamed I shook as my words tumbled out of my mouth, "I know this must be super annoying but I was wondering if anyone ever told one of you that you look like Amy Lee from Evanescence...or I was wondering if you are Amy Lee from Evanescence (turning quickly toward the dark haired elvin-like creature). With a confident but warm smile, she said "which one, her or me?"
"you"
"yeah" and she laughed modestly
more nervous"k, cuz I totally knew it was you, and no one believed me but I knew it you are sick, you are so awesome, you are sick, I saw you in Jones beach, you're so sick"
"are you a fan?" she asked, I couldn't if she was being genuine or not
"yeah definitely, you're sick"
she was patient and friendly and just chillin there while I babbled and then she reached out to shake my hand and asked me my name. On my way out I saw her again and probably too loudly yelled it was really nice meeting you and waved. She said "you too" and that was it. I was elated.

3 comments:

  1. can't tell if you're being serious about this or not, but you know we take blogging very seriuously...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nealy...That's awesome. How's the Stadium? I am so envious of you getting to work there. The Yankees are kicking ass right now.

    Is this blog set up just for this sort of thing? Cuz, I don't think I'm going to meet any famous people up in Bangor Maine.

    BTW I can totally picture you trying to sneak around figuring out if your celebrity really was a celebrity. Hillarious. I'd cut back on using "sick" though. lol. You're crazy. I hope everything is going well. I can't believe you started a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog! is this going to be PG-rated or should we not link to our baby's blog?

    ReplyDelete