Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First Sydney Thoughts

So I've been in Sydney, Australia now for 2 weeks and 3 days. I've had enough, it's time to go home. I've taken my pictures, I've been to the Opera House. Newsflash, it's just another place in the world. I have a job and that's it. I look forward to things, as well as spend some nights completely bored, curling under my sheets at 7.30pm to read my book. I had an idea to post my emails to my friends on my blog when I got home, but seeings as how I lost interest in emailing during the second week, it's become another faded plan of mine. I'm smelling someone's McDonalds....chicken nuggets I presume. No wait, it's KFC. KFC is huge here, I don't really get it. The Burger King is called something else I can't remember, oh right Hungry Jacks...who's Jack? Is he the king of Australia? What a weird way to honor someone so important.
I would love to tear into a drumstick of oldly fried cancerous chicken, but there's something going on with the pressure in the Southern Hemisphere or something because I feel like I've either acquired Celiac's disease or lactose intolerance or some other unpleasantry having only to do with my digestive track.
So i can't stand my roomate here and i'm going to unfacebook friend her as soon as I'm done writing this. She is by far the most moronic species of anything to ever come out of Ohio I've ever met. (she's only the 2nd person I've ever met from Ohio, but I'm serious). So far she's ruined 4 rather expensive bras and I am responsible for everything. If it breaks, I have to get someone to fix it. I have to take the trash out, I have to remind her everywhere we go to bring her ID, money, bus pass, shoes, head, brain, keys. Kill me, just pistol whip me into a blissful state of unconsciousness where I no longer have to wake up and see her in the same fucking sports bra she's been wearing for weeks. Maybe it's because she's ruined her laundry as she has mine. Or maybe it's because she doesn't actually live in Ohio like she says, but she lives in a cardboard box, on Saturn with her toothless hillbilly boyfriend where they do nothing but eat ritz crackers and catch imaginary space fish all day. Now that I've put this into words, I'm quite sure that that's exactly where she's from.

No comments:

Post a Comment